From the Blog
The Eversons have a whole bunch of news to share with you.They just got back from a tour of Japan, their first overseas tour. With their first album available on a kool indie label over there they discovered they actually have a pretty good following in Japan. For some often outrageous tour pictures head over to their Facebook page. By The Chief 24 days ago
- bonjour_records ドリームポップの秘境にしてメッカ、NZ発シンセ・ポップデュオPRINCESS CHELSEA新作！NZ独特のドラマチックなメロディセンスとボーカルワークはやはり最高。良質レーベルLIL' CHIEF RECORDSも要チェック！ https://t.co/yGFDAD7UaC about 18 hours ago
- Viluesa Me gustó un video de @YouTube http://t.co/1uXYVqUDWG Princess Chelsea - No Church On Sunday about 20 hours ago
- RehanSolo I added a video to a @YouTube playlist http://t.co/UI8vYziIXr Princess Chelsea - Yulia about 21 hours ago
- braingarbage Princess Chelsea - Overseas https://t.co/btWknC5AqP via @YouTube 1 day ago
- propmind 「蛍の光」と同じ要領で全国の居酒屋は閉店時間にこれ流せばいいと思うの。 ―Princess Chelsea「Too fast to live」 http://t.co/4vHGfMbHqp 1 day ago
Roughly two years since his first solo album 2013's Primrose Path, "A Little Night Music" sees Bree taking a more free-form approach to his usually more rigid and pop-minded style. This is partly due to a new interest in classical music, more specifically Russian Ballet suites. "A Little Night Music" features a string quartet, and guest vocals by Auckland soprano Ella Smith.
Building upon the success of her 2011 debut Lil' Golden Book, which spawned the internet sensation "The Cigarette Duet" (which has racked up nearly twenty million hits on YouTube), the new album is a sparkling, glittering epic, weaving layers upon layers of synths to create a fantastical universe that is out of this world.
"It's 4am music. The music is darker but there's still a little optimism in there somewhere," says singer Lucy Botting. "But only if you really look for it." "My favourite song on the album, 'Brute', is a story about two people living alone trying hard to love each other. When Darian first showed it to me I wasn't sure how I felt about it, it's so sad. In the recording I sing about the darker side of relationships, the admiration and fear you can hold towards someone," says Lucy.