From the Blog
Jonathan Bree has released a new single today 'You're So Cool'.You can listen on Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes or Bandcamp.Jonathan will be playing his first live show at Others Way Festival on Sep 1, with a twelve pi...
By Princess Chelsea 4 weeks ago
By The Chief 11 months ago
By The Chief 12 months ago
- lilgoldenbook looks like Jonathan Bree might finally be getting the credit he deserves https://t.co/CF9gLAEDoB 8 days ago
- ga11agher I 💚 this by Jonathan Bree! The video and sound is how I’d imagine a film version of #thepaperman. @lilchiefrecords https://t.co/mkwLQyDjwS 8 days ago
- MAGNETMagazine On tour in Sep: @therubysuns. Read our review of great new LP: https://t.co/E8gnCQ9gOH https://t.co/GtPZf8mvql 9 days ago
- therubysuns That Dublin audience didn't seem to be as into Enya as I am. Do 'indies' not like her here? 10 days ago
- lilgoldenbook https://t.co/50eAWrMlVf 10 days ago
The Ruby Suns, the band-ish pseudonym of nomadic Californian-New Zealander Ryan McPhun, return after four years with a brilliant and ambitious new record Sprite Fountain. It began in earnest upon moving to Oslo, Norway from Auckland in 2013's twilight with impending fatherhood tapping him on the shoulder. A slowly ripening thing, it was made amidst child rearing and touring with NZ pals Lawrence Arabia and remixing, recording and touring with Norwegian acts like Snasen, Heyerdahl and Beezewax.
Lil' Chief Records is delighted to present Aftertouch: a collection of covers by Princess Chelsea recorded between 2010-2016.
Chelsea uses covers as a way to experiment with production and arrangement ideas in between albums and Aftertouch is a curious invitation to hear the development of a musical palette over five years. It features covers by local New Zealand artists Lawrence Arabia, an unreleased Disasteradio song (Aftertouch) and songs by Marianne Faithfull, Lucinda Williams, Nirvana, and of course Elvis Presley.