From the Blog
The Eversons have decided to release a music video for the song Loser from their first EP. It’s full of archival footage from their days of shredding and skateboarding in their beautiful hometown of Wellington, New Zealand.Loser is a ‘90s slacker rock song from The Eversons EP and its video was slated for release in 2011 u...
By The Chief 4 months ago
By The Chief 9 months ago
By Princess Chelsea 10 months ago
By The Chief 12 months ago
- simonmward Ixian Gate all installed and ready for the preview tonight at @talbotrice75, Edinburgh. Show is on till Oct 8th 🎨 https://t.co/tmJ5S2DFIf about 13 hours ago
- undertheradarnz Listen: Shaft - Meteor In Your Mind (UTR Premiere) https://t.co/19SCaaZsOM 1 day ago
- undertheradarnz Here's Five: Bob Cardy (Shaft) https://t.co/DGVp20QKBi 2 days ago
- MariaLuisaSnchz quiet sunday. Princess Chelsea - Yulia https://t.co/dUa8uRxHnz via @YouTube 4 days ago
- MBGlamourville Cherry Lips Blonde Curls: MUSIC ♥ Sweet Sunday Tunes - Princess Chelsea - Yuliah ♥... https://t.co/R02uJlQq7f 4 days ago
Roughly two years since his first solo album 2013's Primrose Path, "A Little Night Music" sees Bree taking a more free-form approach to his usually more rigid and pop-minded style. This is partly due to a new interest in classical music, more specifically Russian Ballet suites. "A Little Night Music" features a string quartet, and guest vocals by Auckland soprano Ella Smith.
Building upon the success of her 2011 debut Lil' Golden Book, which spawned the internet sensation "The Cigarette Duet" (which has racked up nearly twenty million hits on YouTube), the new album is a sparkling, glittering epic, weaving layers upon layers of synths to create a fantastical universe that is out of this world.
"It's 4am music. The music is darker but there's still a little optimism in there somewhere," says singer Lucy Botting. "But only if you really look for it." "My favourite song on the album, 'Brute', is a story about two people living alone trying hard to love each other. When Darian first showed it to me I wasn't sure how I felt about it, it's so sad. In the recording I sing about the darker side of relationships, the admiration and fear you can hold towards someone," says Lucy.