From the Blog
Following on from the popular "Your Kinda Love", Lil' Chief Records presents "Not Exactly Deep" - the second single from Scott Mannion of the Tokey Tones forthcoming solo album "Loving Echoes".You can listen to Not Exactly Deep on Spotify , Apple Music, By Princess Chelsea 4 weeks ago
By Princess Chelsea 2 months ago
By Princess Chelsea 3 months ago
- lilchiefrecords On Fri @therubysuns play at Moon in Welli them Sat at Golden Dawn, fresh off a European tour & great set at Wonderg… https://t.co/lxRqwiA2tg 7 days ago
- SpringBreakNZ Spring Break on at 10pm tonight, doors at 8pm. $10 on the door, shortest shorts encouraged. 11 days ago
- sohoradio 12 - 2pm: @simonemarie4's Naked Lunch on https://t.co/x8sGetFfuJ. Music from @BRMCofficial @TheBlindShake… https://t.co/cMacDSW9C4 14 days ago
- simonemarie4 Today on @sohoradio music from @BRMCofficial @TheBlindShake #PeterGHolmström @lilchiefrecords #Maraudeur… https://t.co/V1EEehc44p 14 days ago
- simonemarie4 Last #nakedlunch of 2017 is on @sohoradio is up on @mixcloud now. ✌🏼Music from @METZtheband @TheOrielles #TheCramps… https://t.co/Kgsz27gZj9 19 days ago
Out in December 2017, a double A side single of the viral sensation You're So Cool backed with Say You Love Me Too, a duet sung with Catalan singer Clara Vinals of Renaldo %26 Clara. Limited to 300 copies on white vinyl, preorder your copy now.
The Ruby Suns, the band-ish pseudonym of nomadic Californian-New Zealander Ryan McPhun, return after four years with a brilliant and ambitious new record Sprite Fountain. It began in earnest upon moving to Oslo, Norway from Auckland in 2013's twilight with impending fatherhood tapping him on the shoulder. A slowly ripening thing, it was made amidst child rearing and touring with NZ pals Lawrence Arabia and remixing, recording and touring with Norwegian acts like Snasen, Heyerdahl and Beezewax.
Lil' Chief Records is delighted to present Aftertouch: a collection of covers by Princess Chelsea recorded between 2010-2016.
Chelsea uses covers as a way to experiment with production and arrangement ideas in between albums and Aftertouch is a curious invitation to hear the development of a musical palette over five years. It features covers by local New Zealand artists Lawrence Arabia, an unreleased Disasteradio song (Aftertouch) and songs by Marianne Faithfull, Lucinda Williams, Nirvana, and of course Elvis Presley.