From the Blog
The Ruby Suns' latest album, Sprite Fountain, is a culmination of over a decade of making music for songwriter, Ryan McPhun. From the first track 'Waterslide', we get an indication of what is to come - propulsive off-kilter rhythms, sweet melodic vocals and trickles of psychedelic guitar. Ryan...
By Gareth 5 weeks ago
By The Chief 9 months ago
By The Chief 10 months ago
- lilgoldenbook Should I go to Kirin j callinan live or stay home and play civ 6 on steam with 20 year old guys 2 days ago
- therubysuns Quite chuffed to announce that I'm heading out on a little solo tour opening for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah around Eu… https://t.co/A7ZNjZ3oAP 4 days ago
- lilgoldenbook A new favorite: Babylon Nonsense by Galaxy Bear https://t.co/V71T8qXcyw on #SoundCloud 6 days ago
- Rockhouse_Sbg NEU / 27.9. / The Ruby Suns (Solo/NZ) The Ruby Suns ist das Pseudonym des, von Kalifornien nach Neuseeland nach... https://t.co/gNy5LwrRBv 10 days ago
- lilgoldenbook hello i hope youre well i made this classical music playlist on spotify to clean the house to... https://t.co/tDaMfJB27a 10 days ago
The Ruby Suns, the band-ish pseudonym of nomadic Californian-New Zealander Ryan McPhun, return after four years with a brilliant and ambitious new record Sprite Fountain. It began in earnest upon moving to Oslo, Norway from Auckland in 2013's twilight with impending fatherhood tapping him on the shoulder. A slowly ripening thing, it was made amidst child rearing and touring with NZ pals Lawrence Arabia and remixing, recording and touring with Norwegian acts like Snasen, Heyerdahl and Beezewax.
Lil' Chief Records is delighted to present Aftertouch: a collection of covers by Princess Chelsea recorded between 2010-2016.
Chelsea uses covers as a way to experiment with production and arrangement ideas in between albums and Aftertouch is a curious invitation to hear the development of a musical palette over five years. It features covers by local New Zealand artists Lawrence Arabia, an unreleased Disasteradio song (Aftertouch) and songs by Marianne Faithfull, Lucinda Williams, Nirvana, and of course Elvis Presley.