From the Blog
Jonathan Bree has released a music video for new single Say You Love Me Too.The video features the mysterious masked band tracking in the studio..........'Say You Love Me Too' is the second single from Jonathan's third album 'Sleepwalking' due for release in March 2018. You can preorder a 7 inch&n...
By Princess Chelsea 22 days ago
By Princess Chelsea 5 weeks ago
- IAmScottMannion When you go to sleep expecting the state of the world to be a little bleaker when you wake up, but, when you least… https://t.co/2T7LAf6HyK about 17 hours ago
- IAmScottMannion Super 8 still of Tino as the 👹 in Not Exactly Deep. Shot by The Urban Spaceman Productions #costume by Emily Zuch (… https://t.co/m11jI40Imy 1 day ago
- illphil98 .@therubysuns musical 🧠 Ryan McPhun offers insight into the band’s latest LP Sprite Fountain, & things like being a… https://t.co/3W3zB7Sn77 5 days ago
- impolitikal NEW | @therubysuns frontman Ryan McPhun proves his topical dexterity in this excellent exploration of politics, par… https://t.co/XXzQSsRTI8 7 days ago
- IAmScottMannion Some characters from my next video/single, Not Exactly Deep! 📷 @Anawika Costumes by Emily Zuch https://t.co/VVmTflSWF4 7 days ago
The Ruby Suns, the band-ish pseudonym of nomadic Californian-New Zealander Ryan McPhun, return after four years with a brilliant and ambitious new record Sprite Fountain. It began in earnest upon moving to Oslo, Norway from Auckland in 2013's twilight with impending fatherhood tapping him on the shoulder. A slowly ripening thing, it was made amidst child rearing and touring with NZ pals Lawrence Arabia and remixing, recording and touring with Norwegian acts like Snasen, Heyerdahl and Beezewax.
Lil' Chief Records is delighted to present Aftertouch: a collection of covers by Princess Chelsea recorded between 2010-2016.
Chelsea uses covers as a way to experiment with production and arrangement ideas in between albums and Aftertouch is a curious invitation to hear the development of a musical palette over five years. It features covers by local New Zealand artists Lawrence Arabia, an unreleased Disasteradio song (Aftertouch) and songs by Marianne Faithfull, Lucinda Williams, Nirvana, and of course Elvis Presley.