From the Blog
The Reduction Agents reissue - The Dance Reduction Agents - which was first released 10 years ago, is out today (LP/CD/Digital). The Reduction Agents was the project of James Milne (Lawrence Arabia), Ryan McPhun (the Ruby Suns), Ben Eldridge and Jol Mulholland and was released on the same day as the first self-titled 'Lawrence Arabia' album.
By The Chief
4 weeks ago
By The Chief 4 weeks ago
By The Chief 11 months ago
- lilgoldenbook Omg gnr play estranged don't cry and November rain in their reunion set list aka holy trinity of power ballads omg 5 days ago
- therubysuns Hey I guess people have voted for our Reduction Agents cover over at RadioActive.fm in Wellington. It's bloody... https://t.co/2ShlwUGZAy 5 days ago
- lilgoldenbook HI whats up - recently I contributed to a tribute album for The Reduction Agents and covered this great song .... https://t.co/28IWmwkH41 8 days ago
- JulianVandeKamp a new princess chelsea song has appeared! it's a cover of a song by 'the reduction agents' called "cold glass tube" https://t.co/4C5eudIIbc 9 days ago
- jedsoane An awesomely fun listen for the afternoon: a tribute album to @lawrencearabia's first band, The Reduction Agents https://t.co/1E2I5spB0S 11 days ago
Roughly two years since his first solo album 2013's Primrose Path, "A Little Night Music" sees Bree taking a more free-form approach to his usually more rigid and pop-minded style. This is partly due to a new interest in classical music, more specifically Russian Ballet suites. "A Little Night Music" features a string quartet, and guest vocals by Auckland soprano Ella Smith.
Building upon the success of her 2011 debut Lil' Golden Book, which spawned the internet sensation "The Cigarette Duet" (which has racked up nearly twenty million hits on YouTube), the new album is a sparkling, glittering epic, weaving layers upon layers of synths to create a fantastical universe that is out of this world.
"It's 4am music. The music is darker but there's still a little optimism in there somewhere," says singer Lucy Botting. "But only if you really look for it." "My favourite song on the album, 'Brute', is a story about two people living alone trying hard to love each other. When Darian first showed it to me I wasn't sure how I felt about it, it's so sad. In the recording I sing about the darker side of relationships, the admiration and fear you can hold towards someone," says Lucy.