From the Blog
Jonathan Bree has released an album length movie shot with a tube camera over at Lil' Chief Records HQ aka The Ghetto.In an effort to try and get the kids interested Winston has lent his starpower to the film aswell.It's not uncreepy.A Little Night Music is available now on LP, By The Chief 2 months ago
By The Chief 3 months ago
By Princess Chelsea 4 months ago
By Princess Chelsea 6 months ago
- 39MinsPlaylist Playlist Feb.5,2016 9tracks/39:29 https://t.co/rJJ44GUBaH 1. Princess Chelsea ( #Electro #Pop #Indie ) "Goodnight Little Robot Child" 6:00 1 day ago
- SpellboundNet #SpellboundRadio #BluesRadio Jonathan Bree - Weird Hardcore on https://t.co/YBgGwmTGQ7 1 day ago
- herriotrow And there's a @lilchiefrecords local in there too https://t.co/b2sdmyW68j 2 days ago
- YuriFleed Princess Chelsea - We're So Lost https://t.co/n1ch31vkE2 via @YouTube 2 days ago
- tikileeki Princess Chelsea - Monkey Eats Bananas (only watch this when ur high 😂) https://t.co/5azvBe2eLJ 4 days ago
Roughly two years since his first solo album 2013's Primrose Path, "A Little Night Music" sees Bree taking a more free-form approach to his usually more rigid and pop-minded style. This is partly due to a new interest in classical music, more specifically Russian Ballet suites. "A Little Night Music" features a string quartet, and guest vocals by Auckland soprano Ella Smith.
Building upon the success of her 2011 debut Lil' Golden Book, which spawned the internet sensation "The Cigarette Duet" (which has racked up nearly twenty million hits on YouTube), the new album is a sparkling, glittering epic, weaving layers upon layers of synths to create a fantastical universe that is out of this world.
"It's 4am music. The music is darker but there's still a little optimism in there somewhere," says singer Lucy Botting. "But only if you really look for it." "My favourite song on the album, 'Brute', is a story about two people living alone trying hard to love each other. When Darian first showed it to me I wasn't sure how I felt about it, it's so sad. In the recording I sing about the darker side of relationships, the admiration and fear you can hold towards someone," says Lucy.